Great Video on the Old & New Covenant: https://youtu.be/A6Uv_siJCyE
Perfect Song for this Topic: Marvin Sapp - Never Would Have Made It
Common Questions About Sin
Why do we sin? Why is sinning so bad? Have you ever wondered if God would forgive your sin? Did you feel that the sin(s) you committed were too bad that's it just unforgivable? I've been sinning for so long, but I want to change can God help me? Will I have to pay back to God for all my sins? Can I make it up to God for all my sins? How can I know if my sins were forgiven? What if I backslide and want to come back, will my sins be forgiven? Will certain people's sins be placed above others due to their gender, race, etc.?
Have you ever asked yourself any of these questions, well you are not alone? A lot of people wonder if they will simply be forgiven for their sins. Most people don’t realize that the Bible says we ALL are sinners (Romans 3:23).
What Is Sin All About?
Most people don’t want to hear they are a sinner. Most people don’t want their sins exposed. Most people are embarrassed by their sins, but then you have the rebellious who chooses to live in sin despite what they know. So where and how did sin begin and why does it still affect us today? Well, what most people don’t realize is the one thing that makes us all interconnected is not only sin, but that our “humanly” mother and father was Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve were the first humans made by God (they were made in the image of God just like us).
Adam and Eve were the rulers of the world, they had authority until they chose to sin by disobeying God. Their actions of wanting to disobey God and do their own thing is when God kicked Adam, Eve, and Lucifer out of the kingdom. Lucifer was an angel of God who tricked Eve into believing she could have more freedom and power if she just ate from the forbidden tree. Lucifer did this so he could gain power. Since his goal (even today) is to have people worship him and not our creator (God). So once Adam and Eve proved they were incapable of ruling the world (due to their sinful act) they renounce their power of rulership and authority over to the devil. There's a few verses that indicate this:
- So the devil became the prince of the material world (John 14:30). In Luke Chapter 4 Jesus was being tempted by Satan and Satan said in verse 6)“I will give You all this domain and its glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish."
- Also, (Ephesians 2: 1-3) NASB “1) And you were dead in your offenses and sins, 2)in which you previously walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. 3) Among them we too all previously lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the rest.”
- <In this verse it says that the devil is 'the prince of the air' and that his spirit is now working in the people who sin and disobey. So this shows us that bad (sin) is part of us. This verse is saying that you can overcome sin, because it mentions the word “previously” which means you used to act this way because you were lost in the lies of the world but now you know through Christ that you can be forgiven of your sins and not be blind.>
What Does Adam & Eve Sins Have To Do With Me?
Some people may wonder 'well, I didn’t ask Adam and Eve to sin so why does their action affect me?'
- In (Exodus 20: 5-6) NIV “5) You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6) but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.”
- < This verse shows that we have no say so on what God decides to do. God does as he pleases since he’s the creator. He created us not the other way around.>
Jesus New Covenant of His Grace for Our Sin
Most of us don’t realize that there have been quite a few covenants that we have had with God. A covenant is a promise that God forms between him and us. So the stage of the covenant that we are in now is the one Jesus created because Jesus noticed that people were becoming weary and worn out by the requirements of the law of Moses. So this is why Jesus says in (Matthew 11:28–30) “Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Jesus wanted everyone to know that his yoke of grace is easy and light. “This means it involves none of you and all of Christ. He has endured the burden of sin on your behalf. Under grace, your part is to only believe on Jesus Christ, and when you believe, you are made righteous and blessed!”
There’s another verse in the Bible that breaks down God's grace in
- (Ephesians 2: 1-3) NASB 4) But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5) even when we were dead in our wrongdoings, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6) and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7) so that in the ages to come He might show the boundless riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8) For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9) not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10) For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.”
- < A very important part of this verse is saying God will send his grace to us as a gift. It has nothing to do with how much work we have done to try to please God. It has nothing to do with the type of sin we have done, God will send his grace to show you he is real, but it is your choice to believe and follow Christ with all your heart.>
This verse also means there’s no amount of money or task you can do to repay God for his forgiveness. This also doesn’t mean once you sin you say ‘I will be forgiven so I’m just going to go sin again.' We should respect our master! Would you like to be treated with disrespect? (1 Corinthians 6:19-20) “19) Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20) you were bought at a price.”
Sadly, even with the greatness of God’s grace, he knows there will be many who still fail the test. It's said "Tested under grace, man has shown himself utterly unable to appreciate such mercy, and has rejected the only means of being saved.”
Therefore, this is when Jesus is going to have to come back “his second coming” to reveal his last test upon the world. Which will be the test under the personal reign of Lord Jesus Christ. And Jesus will determine out of those who are left on earth with him, if they will be willing to follow him or will they once again choose the devil. This option of free will given to us by Jesus reveals to us how merciful and kind he is to still give people another chance to choose their destiny.
How Do I Know I Am Forgiven?
A great article from Joseph Prince Inspirational email stated the following:
“Are you among the many believers who wonder how to differentiate between the enemy’s condemnation and the Holy Spirit “convicting them of sin”? That is a question that confuses a lot of believers and the answer is really simple.
Now, pay attention to today’s scripture because it will liberate you. The bottom line is that the Holy Spirit never convicts a believer of his sins. He never comes to point out your faults. I challenge you to find a scripture in the Bible that tells you the Holy Spirit has come to convict believers of their sins. You won’t find any!
The body of Christ is living in defeat because many believers don’t understand that the Holy Spirit is actually in them to convict them of their righteousness in Christ. Even when you fail, He is ever present in you to remind you that the blood of Jesus has made you totally forgiven and eternally righteous. That’s the Holy Spirit.
Remember, it is important to always read Bible verses in their context. Many people end up misinterpreting Bible verses because they fail to do this. One way to read Bible verses in their context (and this is a key Bible interpretation principle) is to identify who the verses are talking about. So was Jesus talking about believers or unbelievers in John 16:8–11?
When Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would come to “convict the world of sin” because they do not believe in Him, it is clear that He was referring to unbelievers because they are of “the world.” And notice that the Holy Spirit does not convict the world of “sins” (plural). It is only one “sin” (singular) that the Holy Spirit convicts the world of, and that is the sin of unbelief, the sin of rejecting Jesus and not believing in His finished work.”
The Trick of the Enemy
Don’t allow the devil to step up and say no you are not forgiven. The devil will not only put these thoughts in your mind but he will use other people to send messages or say things that are not of God to condemn you and make you feel bad. Some people may or may not know they are being used by the devil when they are saying those mean things to you, but this is when your faith in the Lord comes into play. Jesus said once you have asked him to come into your heart by asking for forgiveness that God paid the price through Christ’s blood sacrifice on the cross for ALL your sins (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).
This means we are the redeemed property of God. Christ paid his own blood as the price to remove our sin so that we could return to God’s possession.
“11) In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 12) in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13) And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14) who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.”
So please stay on the right path of Christ beautiful souls and don’t let the tricks of the enemy tell you otherwise. "(2 Cor. 12:9). Give all your weaknesses, failings, and mistakes to the Lord Jesus and see Him transform your weaknesses into strengths." Seek the face of God daily and ask for the spirit of discernment. May peace be with you until next time. ~ Stay Eshay
Possible Healing Remedies:
- A Great Pastor at Calvary Chapel Ontario: video
- Free Prayer from Stay Eshay: email@example.com
- Prayer Mediation: https://youtu.be/XCRp27g9TbA
- Mental Health TeleMed Counseling w MDs (multi-options): http://bit.ly/35mr3y9
- Boost, Mood and Sleep Support:https://amzn.to/35jhkI5
- Herbal Teas (for multiple health issues & life concerns): https://lddy.no/tp4q
FYI: When seeking advice/counseling I suggest to get a counselor that has the same faith as you. So this counselor can pray with you and direct you to the Lord as they provide you with medical and social help. Also with supplements please put Jesus intentions into them. We never want to depend on any type of supplements but we want God to heal us from the inside out. A few products listed are endorsed.
#forgiveness #sins #Jesus #God
Share this post
- Tags: Spirituality